Whether it’s your first time racing or you have lots of ¼ mile experience…NMCA & NMCA WEST have a great class for you to consider…TREMEC True Street! True Street is designed for “true” street cars that are licensed, insured and capable of driving a good distance on the street. After a 30-mile NMCA/NMCA WEST escorted cruise, make 3 back-to-back passes and see if you will take home some cash and a prize!
Here’s How True Street Works:
- 1. Purchase your True Street entry at the racer gate, you then head over to the True Street pit area. It’s a Saturday race but you can purchase your entry on Friday as well.
- 2. You will first register at the registration trailer and then proceed to the True Street area where an official will “tech” your car to make sure it’s safe to race.
- 3. You will receive a time run prior to the True Street competition so you can see how your car is performing.
- 4. Attend the 11:30 am True Street meeting where an NMCA/NMCA WEST official will explain how everything works. There is lots of time for questions and answers.
- 5. Following the meeting you will head out on a 30-mile escorted cruise around town or the facility….and it’s OK to take passengers to enjoy the fun!
- 6. After the cruise there will be a brief cool-down period and then you hit the track.
- 7. True Street will be called to the lanes and you will make 3 back-to-back passes down the track. Reaction time does not matter so just take off after you get the green light.
- 8. There will be a True Street Awards Ceremony a couple of hours following the race. NMCA/NMCA WEST will average everyone’s 3 passes and the closest averages to 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, & 15 seconds will each win $100 cash, an award, and your picture in Fastest Street Car Magazine! The overall runner-up will also receive $100 and an award and the overall winner will receive $250 and a 6’ trophy!
BONUS – all True Street competitors will receive a FREE entry into Sunday’s Bracket Race (except GA & IL events)…this is up to a $100 value!
For True Street questions please contact Gene Bergstrom at (714) 460-3813 or e-mail him at email@example.com. For True Street rules or NMCA/NMCA WEST event information log on to www.nmcadigital.com.